Hi, I wanted to say sorry for all the works that have gone on the last 8-10 weeks. I appreciate everybody’s support, patience and understanding whilst we have been carrying out major beneficial works on your Course
ADIOS AMIGO’S AND THANK YOU!
Yesterday we said farewell to our construction team and their BIG TOYS! I’m sure you would all like to say a massive thank you to them. They have done a fantastic job and watching the work being done has been an education to say the least.
The abstraction pipes from the brook behind the 3rd Tee are now all in place, connected up and ready to pump when water levels permit. The water you see in the Irrigation Lake presently is solely water that has drained off the Golf Course!
We still have a crew to come back to put pumps, pipes, electrics from the Irrigation lake to the Irrigation tank and finish the overflow at the top of the Irrigation Lake
I am sorry for all the construction traffic and upheaval around the course but as you know these were essential works.
Apart from the 34000 cubic metre Irrigation lake we have also over the last 10 weeks :-
1) Successfully drained 2 greens
2) Resealed and reshaped the 4th pond (it looks like its holding!)
3) Installed an overflow chamber in the 4th pond which is connected by a pipe into the Irrigation Lake
4) Installed abstraction chambers, pump, pipe, electrics and water meter at the back of the 3rd tee
5) Installed a chamber, pump, pipe and electrics between the 2nd and 3rd to catch and pump water coming from the drainage from the Driving Range,1st , 2nd and 3rd holes
6) Turfed the new bunker’s at the 2nd and 4th holes
7) Carried out necessary Tree work around 1st, 2nd, 3rd ,4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 17th and 18th holes with use of a Cherry Picker
8) Added further Primary drainage to the 7th and 8th fairways
9) Started installing secondary drainage on the 18th Hole
10) Installed new Irrigation cables on the 10th hole
Been quite busy me thinks ?!
Hopefully we have maintained your Golf Course to a great condition given the time of year and the amount of ‘improvement’ work that has been carried out?
My staff have worked very hard and I thank them for that. The feedback i am getting is that the greens are playing really well
Thankfully the works are nearly all finished but here below is a list of the rest of the jobs to get done weather and conditions permitting over the next few months.
Install Secondary Drainage to fairways 10,11 and 16 and possibly more on 1,4 and 5
Re direct the ditch across the 2nd to catch more water.
Trim back all perimeter and internal Hedges
Top up paths where possible and re –roll them.
Overseed the banks and top of the Irrigation Lake.
General Winter Tree work where trees are over hanging or are diseased/dead.
ALL BUNKERS WILL GET TOP UP WITH NEW SAND IN EARLY SPRING . IF WE DO IT NOW WE RISK THE CHANCE OF WASH OUTS AND MAKING MORE MESS WITH HEAVY TRAILERS GETTING TO THE BUNKERS THAN GOOD.
A QUICK MOAN ABOUT PITCH MARKS. IF YOUR GREENS HAVE SCARS AND ARE BUMPY IT MAY BE OWING TO WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON’T REPAIR YOUR PITCH MARKS!! I OFTEN HERE MEMBERS MOAN THAT ITS SOCIETIES THAT DON’T? FOR THE RECORD WE HAVE NOT HAD ANY SOCIETIES FOR ALMOST 2 WEEKS
SO PLEASE DO REPAIR THEM !
Once again I apologise for all the work that has taken place but hopefully you can see the benefits of what we and the Club have invested in.
I am, (slowly), putting together a video of Drone footage and stills which will show the whole construction of the Irrigation Lake and how it all works. Once finished I hope you will be able to watch it on the Tv’s in the Clubhouse
Enjoy your Golf, Enjoy your Club ………………it’s your’s remember!