Dear All I really hope you are enjoying your Course and Club.
A very warm welcome to all those of you that have joined us over the last few months, I hope you embrace being a member at Abridge.
I hope you all find that the course is looking in great condition now and over the last couple of months and I am sure you all agree that my staff are doing a fantastic job, thank you lads!
If you see any of them, and you are happy with your course, please stop them to tell them they will appreciate it.
DEVELOPMENT FUND UPDATE
WOW ! We now have 393 members!!
Congratulations to those who have already won prizes and especially to Josh Davis who won the inaugural 1 year free membership Prize !
As I’m sure you have seen the front entrance and driveway are almost finished.
Thank you so so much to those of you that have joined the fund. Those that attended the meeting a month or so ago voted to firstly improve the Entrance and Driveway, hopefully you are pleased with the results? Thank you to Kevin Lye for all his hardwork with this project.
The next project will be the changing of the 2nd Tee complex and Green/Pond. Work will commence on the 19th July. More details of this will be released nearer the time.
Thanks to David Humphries, (member), for the illustrated drawings that you can see outside the Pro Shop.
As you are all very aware we have the honour of holding the PDC PGA EuroPro Tour event at the end of the month. A great advert for our club and people all around the world will be able to see us.
HOWEVER, THE CONDITION PRESENTLY OF OUR COURSE IS HOW MYSELF AND MY TEAM WISH TO PRESENT THE COURSE ALL SPRING/SUMMER AND ACTUALLY WANT TO CONTINUE TO IMPROVE THINGS FURTHER THROUGH THE YEAR, IT’S NOT JUST FOR THE PRO TOUR EVENT
So lets squash a few rumours
1. No we are not altering areas of the Golf Course
2. We are not growing the rough up long. We will not cut the rough for the week of the tournament that’s all
3. No we are not presently or the last 4-6 weeks done any extra to the Golf Course other than what we planned to do before we even knew we were holding the event.
4. We are not putting new Course furniture, signs and other improvements just for the Euro Pro Tour event, these had been planned to be upgraded early this year.
5. The red and yellow dots on some trees are not showing that these trees are being taken down .The markings were put there for yardage purposes by the PGA
6. Yes we are protecting the back tees for the event as asked by the PGA. We had to do the same for the R & A when we held Regional Open qualifying.
7. No the bunkers have not been topped up with sand just for the EuroPro Tour. We top them up every Spring
8. Yes, if you sign up to play either the weekend before or after the tournament we are setting the course up pretty much the same as we are for the week for you all to play and experience.
I hope many of you will turn up to watch the event.
I STILL NEED SOME HELP WITH COURSE DIVOTING EACH WEEKDAY DURING THE EVENT FROM APPROX 4.00PM – 7.00 PM . ANY HELP IS BRILLIANT!
Please contact myself or Justin in the office if you can help and we will add you to the rota
On the subject of Tees: My staff have all observed some Golfers teeing off from wherever they want to, namely at the back tees and NOT where the tee markers are.
IF THIS IS YOU PLEASE DON’T. I DO NOT BELIEVE YOU WOULD DO THIS AT WOBOURN OR THE GROVE SO WHY AT ABRIDGE?
On the subject of Bunkers: Please rake your footprints with the rakes provided thats what they are therefore!
IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO WALK INTO A GREENSIDE BUNKER TO LINE A PUTT UP ! SECONDLY IT’S NOT EVEN MORE ACCEPTABLE TO NOT RAKE YOUR FOOTMARKS AFTERWARDS
Thats what one of my staff found a Golfer doing who when challenged on what he was doing he replied ” I’m a scratch Golfer” SO BEEPING WHAT !!!!!!
Can I ask that all of you help us and yourselves to protect YOUR Golf Course please
I would also like to thank Gerry Farrell, (member), for all the divoting he is doing on the fairways. each week. I thank those that are also taking the divot bags and assisting with this task.
Roger Jeffries, Lol Green and the rest of the Board have tasked myself and my team to keep ‘raising the bar’ at Abridge so your experience of our club gets better and better and thats what we intend to do !
ENJOY YOUR COURSE, ENJOY YOUR CLUB…………..IT’S YOURS REMEMBER !
ABRIDGE GOLF CLUB
Join us in the club-house seven days a week
Epping Lane, Stapleford, Tawney, Romford, RM4 1ST
Membership: 01708 688 921
Pro Shop: 01708 688 396 (option 2)